Inner Hope Youth Ministries (IHYM) was launched in 2007 by Co-Directors Carla Dickinson and Jenny Shantz who had been doing youth work in East Vancouver for over 10 years. During that time youth began turning up on their doorstep, and between 2001-2007 they provided short or long term housing to 16 children and youth. IHYM was established in order to expand their capacity to meet the housing need for youth at-risk as well as more effectively supporting community youth and past residents.
- June 2007 – Development of Board of Directors
- August 2007 – Relocation of The House to a larger residence
- October 2007 – Approval of Incorporation as a Non-profit Business, including approval from the Ministry for Child and Family Development to house minors
- August 2008 – Obtainment of Registered Canadian Charity status
- October 2009 – Partnership secured with World Vision Canada through which to develop and initiate the Boundless Hope Life Skills Program